Sunday, January 2, 2011

The glass is always full!

Interestingly enough, one of my friends had recently moved from Montreal to Toronto for love. Her boyfriend of four years had gotten a new job at Apple. She moved to Toronto to be with him. The first comment that came out of my mouth was “What if they break up?! she will have nowhere to go!” Talk about projection. EEKK! I am projecting my feelings towards my own FAILED relationship towards her perfectly healthy relationship! Instead, I should have said “Good for you for taking the first step! You boyfriend must be pretty awesome to land a job at Apple. He is a keeper!”

My perception totally changed after having them for dinner. Their interaction had proven me wrong! They held hands and ran into the store together in the cold. She took care of him and he took care for her. Throughout the dinner, her boyfriend caressed her hair and said "I love you". It was heart-warming to see them together. *happy tears* :P Perhaps....if I have that type of relationship....I would do the same for love.

No more crazy projecting pessimistic Joyce!

No comments:

Post a Comment